Rovos Rail owns and operates the most luxurious trains Africa in Africa if not the world. Known for superlative service, elegant and spacious suites, Rovos journeys connect Africa's most iconic destinations including Victoria Falls. Come on an 'out of Africa' journey and experience the elegant golden age of travel.
- Rovos Rail is privately owned by the Vos family
- The first journey to Victoria Falls was in January 1994.
- The train stops in Hwange en route to or from Victoria Falls and guests enjoy a safari at The Hide, one of the original safari lodges of Hwange National Park.
- The carriages have all been lovingly retored and remodelled to reflect a bygone era of the golden age of rail, yet they include modern day comforts such as bar fridges and air-conditioning.
- There are three suite types: Pullman, Deluxe and Royal with all having private bathroom en suite facilities
- Even the smallest of the cabins, the Pullman Suites are spacious as entry level cabins go at 7 sqm (±76 sqft) with the beds converting to a couch during the day; they have the identical bathroom to that of the Deluxe Suites.
- A dedicated host/ess is available to guests for full 24-hour room service. They can be contacted via a telephone in your cabin.
- Meals are taken at set times and at is placed on food. Dinner is a four course affair with excellent selection of wine on offer
- Cell phones, laptops and tablets are permitted in the privacy of your suite only.
- Smokers are permitted to smoke in their cabin or in the Club Lounge situated towards the rear of the train